MogaDao Yoga: Cycles, Stillness, and Flow
Saturdays 8:30-10am at the Vedic Chant Center
“You are an important teacher to me, and I feel lucky to have found MogaDao and you.”
We are of nature. Our moods, health, physical forms and psyches are all mirrors of nature’s patterns, seasonal transitions and wisdom: they are reflections of the Dao.
*Daven is not a certified Feldenkrais practitioner, but brings in elements from her own experience as a student of Feldenkrais with Diana Razumny.
This class is best suited for:
- Practitioners who are not absolute beginners, not new to yoga
- are able-bodied and in condition to the extent that they can participate in the deep physicality of the class–at their level
- have some experience of yoga asanas upon which the practice can build a deeper understanding
- are in touch and in tune enough with their bodies (with my guidance if necessary) to know their limits and either respect or push those limits as appropriate on a given day or moment
- have a sense of wonder for the mysteries of practice–and a sense of humor!
There will most definitely be variations among practitioners, which I welcome. If you are wondering if this class is right for you, please feel free to contact me!
“In Daven’s yoga class we move between stillness and fierceness. I am inspired to move into fire, to break through old habits as well as to be gentle and self-nourishing. Her references from Taoism offer an intriguing context for the work. Daven’s imaginative and intuitive teaching style is a wonderful example of the potential of yoga practice. I look forward to her classes which fluidly change with the seasons and with life itself.” — Judy Herzl, Marketing Partner, Artist, Writer
Here is a link to a brief video from United Way of Santa Fe. I teach yoga to pregnant and new mothers as part of their First Born program. This may give you a snapshot of my teaching style.